RBI Grade B is among one of the most desired jobs in the banking sector. Through this examination, the Government of India recruits officers for Reserve Bank of India which is a governing body. This examination attracts a big number of candidates because of a reputed job and excellent pay scale + benefits. Every year, thousands of students give an attempt to this examination and every year competition is rising. So, you must prepare well for this examination in order to achieve this highly in-demand and excellent job.
Index of this Page
- 1 RBI B Grade 2019 Salary, Perks and Emoluments
- 2 RBI Grade B 2019 Notification
- 3 RBI B Grade 2019 Important Dates
- 4 Eligibility Criteria of RBI Grade B Exam 2019
- 5 RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Application Form
- 6 RBI B Grade 2019 Syllabus
- 7 RBI B Grade 2019 Exam Pattern
RBI B Grade 2019 Salary, Perks and Emoluments
It is a highly prestigious job for which every year thousands of candidates appear in the examination. RBI releases recruitment notification for 150-200 posts every year. These vacancies filled through a 3 level process. RBI pays a healthy salary along with some blinging perks which covers all major and minor expenses of employees.
Reserve Bank of India offers a package of approximately 13 lacs Including all the perks, salary, and emoluments in metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai, etc. Now let’s take a look into individuals of this 13 lacs.
- Currently, the pay scale of selected candidates is Rs.35,600 per month in the scale of Rs.35150-17 50(9)-50900-EB-17 50(2)- 54400-2000(4)-62400 (16 years). Along with this pay scale they are also getting Dearness Allowance, Local Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family Allowance, and Grade Allowance as per the rules currently applicable.
- At present, initial gross salary is Rs.67,933 approximately.
- There are some more perks added like Fuel Allowance (150 Liters), Maid Allowance (Rs.3000), and Phone Allowance.
- Dearness Allowance (DA): 125% (After 7th Pay Commission).
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): It is provided to officers which are working in other cities but not in the home town. Grade B officers get 2/3 BHK flat depending on the availability but if the flat is not available then they provide an allowance of Rs.70000 in Mumbai. Amount of rent allowance depends on the city.
- Conveyance Allowance (CA): It is provided as per the declaration of consumption by you. In Mumbai, it is additional Rs.14000 in hands. 30 Liters of extra fuel is provided in Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore / Chennai.
- Medical Allowance (MA): If you declare medical bills, it can be reimbursed. Medical allowance is valid for dependents of employee too. Medical allowance of Rs.4000 approximately is provided. Along with allowance, free dispensary facility is provided.
- Education Allowance (EA): Education allowance is not provided to all the officers. Selected officers will get education allowance of Rs.4000 for their kids monthly.
- Leave Fare Concession Travel (LFC): LFC is one of the best perks from RBI. Every two years, employees get LFC for them and dependents. Bank provides Rs.107000 per person.
- Bank Load Facility: As per the 7th pay commossion revision, employees can avail loans at cheaper rates for Housing, Vehicles, and Computers, etc.
- Briefcase Allowance: Annual reimbursement of briefcase is Rs.7000 approximately. They can reimburse price of briefcase each 3 year.
- Grade Allowance: Rs.2250 for B Grade officer after end of probation.
- Special Allowance: Rs.2500 for B Frade officer after end of probation.
- Sodexo Coupons worth Rs.2000. Along with coupons, you will also get Sodexo Meal.
- Pension after Retirement.
- After all this, there are some small perks also available for employees.
RBI Grade B 2019 Notification
RBI Grade B 2019 notification will be out soon. Online applications will also start from the same date as mentioned in the notification. Along with the notification, dates for examination and other processes will be shared. The entire process for RBI B Grade 2019 Examination is also available on this page. Please read this entire page carefully. This examination is conducted every year on the national level.
Note:- Link will be mentioned here once RBI releases notification for Grade B Exmination 2019.
RBI B Grade 2019 Important Dates
|Release of Official Notification of RBI B Grade Exam 2019||--||1st Week of May (Tentative)|
|Starting of Online Application and Fee Payment||--||1st Week of May (Tentative)|
|Last Date of Online Application and Payment||--||4th Week of May (Tentative)|
|Issue Date of RBI Grade B Exam Phase 1 Admit Card||--||1st Week of June|
|Officers in Grade B (DR) General||Phase 1 Online Examination||August 16, 2019|
|Officers in Grade B (DR) General||Phase 2 Online Examination||September 7, 2019|
|Officers in Grade B (DR) DEPR||Paper 1 Online Examination||August 16, 2019|
|Officers in Grade B (DR) DEPR||Paper 2 & 3 Online/Written Examination||September 6 / September 7, 2019 (To be confirmed in Admit cards)|
|Officers in Grade B (DR) DSIM||Paper 1 Online Examination||August 16, 2019|
|Officers in Grade B (DR) DSIM||Paper 2 & 3 Online/Written Examination||September 6 / September 7, 2019 (To be confirmed in Admit cards)|
Eligibility Criteria of RBI Grade B Exam 2019
Before applying for the examination, you must meet the guidelines and requirements prescribed by RBI. Eligibility criteria are mentioned below and you can have a look at it. Also, make sure to match these eligibility criteria otherwise your application will be rejected.
In order to appear for RBI B Grade 2016 Examination, a candidate must be one of the following:
- A Citizen of India, or
- A Subject of Nepal or Bhutan, or
- A tibetan refugee who is settled in India prior to January 1, 1962, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of residing permanently in India.
Note: Candidates from 2, 3, and 4 should posses a certificate of eligiblity issued by Govt. of India.
- Minimum age to apply for RBI Grade B is 21 years. The maximum age limit to appear for this examination is 30 years as of May 1, 2019. For candidates who have done M.Phil, and Ph.D., the maximum age limit will be 32 years and 34 years.
- Candidates who belong to reserved categories are eligible for age relaxation as per the norms from the Government of India.
|B Grade Officer (DR) (General)||Must have scored at least 60% marks in all semesters/years, 12th standard and 10th standard as well (50% for SC/ST/PwD).|
|B Grade Officer (DR) (DEPR)||Master degree in Economics / Econometrics / Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics / Integrated Economics Course / Finance with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade. 5% relaxation will be provided to SC/ST/PwD candidates.|
|B Grade Officer (DR) (DSIM)||Master's Degree in Statistics / Mathematical Economics / Mathematical Statistics / Statistics & Informatics / Econometrics from IIT-Kharagpur or Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/years or an equivalent grade; OR
Master's Degree in Mathematics with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester / years and 1-year PG Diploma in Statistics or related subjects from reputed institute; OR
Master's in Statistics from Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters / years OR
PG Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters / years or equivalent grade.
Note: For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum marks required in Master's Degree as in items a, b, c and d above is 50% in aggregate of all semesters/years or an equivalent grade.
Note: Candidates belonging to General Category cannot appear for examination more than times. However, there is no such limitation for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD categories if the posts are reserved for them.
RBI Grade B Exam 2019 Application Form
Online registration for RBI B Grade exam will start after the release of notification. Form will be available at official website of Reserve Bank of India. We’ve mentioned entire process of filling up application form for RBI B Grade Exam 2019.
- Go to the official website of Reserve of India at https://www.rbi.org.in/.
- Go to bottom of the page and click on opportunities section.
- Now click on current vacancies.
- Now click on link stated as “RBI Grade B 2019 Recruitment”.
- Now a new tab will open, click on New Registration.
- Fill the form with all information and documents and proceed ahead.
- Upload your documents and signature and save.
- Cross check all the information before clicking the Submit button.
- At last, pay the application fee and take print of your application.
- Application fee depends on category of candidate.
- Bank and transaction charges will be paid by the candidate.
- Applications without the application fee will be rejected.
- Application fee can be paid with Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
|General / OBC||Rs.850|
RBI B Grade 2019 Syllabus
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||General Awareness|
|Inequality||Ratio and Proportion||Grammar||Current Affairs|
|Coding and Decoding||Average||Vocabulary||Indian Financial System (IFS)|
|Syllogism||Time and Work||Error Spotting||Indian Banking System (IBS)|
|Machine Input and Output||Speed, Distance, and Time||Comprehension||Monetary Plans|
|Data Sufficiency||Percentage||Passage Making||National Institution|
|Circular Arrangement||Permutation and Combination||Jumble Words||Banking Terms|
|Linear Arrangement||Algebra||Fill in the Blanks|
|Verbal Reasoning||Trigonometry||Sentence Framing|
|Ordering and Ranking||Data Interpretation|
|Arrangement and Pattern||Mensuration|
|Direction and Distance||Set Theory|
RBI B Grade 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern is decided by Reserve Bank of India. We will advise all of you to go through the entire pattern before starting preparation for the examination. There are two phases in this examination which are Phase 1 and Phase 2. Those who clear both the rounds are called for final interview. We’ve mentioned RBI B Grade Exam Pattern for year 2019. Firstly, have a look at the highlights of examination pattern:
|Number of Phases in Process of Selection||3|
|Type of Examination||Phase 1 - Objective
Phase 2 - Objective and Subjective
|Total Marks||Phase 1 - 200 Marks
Phase 2 - 300 Marks
Interview - 50 Marks
|Exam Duration||Phase 1 - 2 Hours
Phase 2 - 1.5 Hours (Each Paper)
|Exam Language||English and Hindi|
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern (Phase 1)
Exam pattern for RBI B Grade Exam Phase 1 consist of 200 MCQs. Each question is of 1 mark. You will get 2 hours to complete examination. Students scoring highest marks will be considered for Phase 2 examination.
|Section Name||No. Questions Asked||Marks Alloted|
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern (Phase 2)
Phase two will be including 3 papers with time of 1 hours and 30 minutes for each paper. Only successful candidates will appear for Phase two examination.
|Paper No.||Subject||Paper Type||Time Alloted for Each Paper||Marks Alloted for Each Paper|
|1||Economical and Social Issues||Objective||90 Minutes||100|
|3||Finance and Management||Objective||90 Minutes||100|
|--||--||Total||270 Minutes||300 Marks|
Marking Scheme of RBI Grade B Phase 2 Examination:
- Every correct answer will be rewarded 1 mark.
- 0.25 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- For unattempted questions, no mark will be rewarded or deducted.
RBI B Grade Exam 2019 Phase 3 (Interview)
Successful candidates based on aggregate score of Phase 1 and Phase 2 examination will be shortlisted for interview round. Minimum cutoff will be decided by the concerned authority.
Interview is the third and final round in selection process. This round carries 50 marks. Final list of selected candidates for the vacant posts will be concluded by RBI after Phase 3. Results will be uploaded online and Invitation letter will be delivered to address of selected candidates.