JEE Advanced (Joint Entrance Examination Advanced) is counted among one of the toughest exams in India. Advanced is the second stage of this joint entrance examination. Candidates who clear JEE Mains are eligible to attempt JEE Advanced test. This examination is held for admission in graduate programmes in IITs. Every year over 2,00,000 candidates appears for this examination for 20,000 seats. JEE is held every year in two stages:
IIT Kanpur is conducting JEE Advanced 2019 Examination for filling seats in 23 IITs for 12,428 seats. These seats also include Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad. From 2018, IITs have reserved special seats for female engineering aspirants. IIT Roorkee has scheduled JEE Advanced on 19 May under the guidance of JAB. According to the sources from responsible authorities, JEE Advanced will be conducted through online examination mode. JEE Advanced is a national level entrance examination. In 2018, 2,31,024 candidates qualified JEE Main examination out of which 1,80,331 was boys and 50,693 girls.
Index of this Page
- 1 JEE Advanced Important Dates (2019)
- 2 JEE Advanced 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
- 3 JEE Advanced 2019 Application Process / Procedure
- 4 JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- 5 JEE Advanced 2019 Preparation Tips
- 6 JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card (How to Download?)
JEE Advanced Important Dates (2019)
Important dates for JEE Advanced has been released by IIT Roorkee on their official website www.jeeadv.ac.in. For the help of candidates and aspirants, we have mentioned all the important dates on this page, have a look at them here:
|Name of Event||Date|
|JEE Advanced Mock Test Release||3rd Week, December, 2018|
|Starting of Online Application||First Week, May, 2019|
|Last Date of Online Application||First Week, May, 2019|
|Issue of Admit Card||Second Week, May, 2019|
|JEE Advanced, 2019||May 19, 2019
Session 1: Paper 1, 9 AM to 12 PM
Session 2: Paper 2, 2 PM to 5 PM
|Display of ORS and Scanned Responses||Third Week of May, 2019|
|Scanned Responses Review||Third Week of May, 2019|
|Display of Answer Keys||Last Week of May, 2019|
|Last Date for Feedback on Answer Keys||Last Week of May, 2019|
|Declaration of Result||Second Week of June, 2019|
|Start date of Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test||Second Week of June, 2019|
|Architecture Aptitude Test 2019||Third Week fo June, 2019|
|Declaration of Architecture Aptitude Test Result 2019||Third Week fo June, 2019|
|Starting of Seat Allotment Process through JoSAA 2019||Third Week fo June, 2019|
JEE Advanced 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for JEE Advanced 2019, you must match defined eligibility criteria. All the aspirants are required to meet this eligibility criterion. Candidates who don’t fulfill the eligibility criteria are not eligible for examination, so please carefully check all the eligibility requirements and check if you are eligible for this examination or not. These eligibility criteria consist of Age, Qualification, Nationality, etc. which are defined by authorities of this examination. As per the orders from supreme court this year, candidates of 25+ years of age can also apply for JEE examination. Read these eligibility criteria carefully:
- Candidates must qualify JEE Main 2019 to appear in JEE Advanced 2019.
- Seats are reserved in percentage: OBC-NCL (27%), SC (15%), ST (7.5%), and Open Category (50.50%). In all categories, 5% is reserved for PwD candidates.
- An applicant can appear for the examination twice a year. Those who have appeared in JEE in 2018 are also eligible to appear for JEE 2019.
- A candidate who took admission in any IITs and by any means they weren’t able to continue their study in IITs are not eligible for JEE.
- Selection of top 2,24,000 candidates will be categorized like this:
|Name of Event||Date|
ONC NCL PwD
JEE Advanced 2019 Application Process / Procedure
Application form for JEE Advanced 2019 will be released through the online medium by IIT Roorkee in the first week of May. Candidates who have qualified JEE Mains are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced. We’ve mentioned all the information regarding the application procedure for JEE Advanced 2019. Have a look at it carefully:
How to Fill JEE Advanced Registration Form Online?
Candidates who are looking to register for JEE Advanced will have to follow this process:
- Registration: Click on the registration link given on www.jeeadv.ac.in. Read all the instructions carefully and then proceed. Login to the portal using your JEE Main Roll No. and Password. You will be asked to enter a security PIN. You will be able to see the information which you submitted during the JEE Main examination. There will be some additional fields for JEE advanced which needed to be filled. You can select 5 centers depending on your convenience. Fill the required information and continue with registration. Please fill your form properly otherwise your registration might get cancelled and you won’t get any chance to get it back again for the same session.
- Documents Uploading: You will be asked to submit documents Class 10 Certification or Birth Certificate, Class 12 or equivalent Certificate, Category Certificate (if applicable), PwD Certificate (if applicable), Scribe Request Letter Certificate (if applicable), PIO Card or OCI Certificate, DS Certificate, If your name was changed then you need to provide gazette notification for name change. All documents must be in .JPG format and sized between 50KB to 300KB.
- Fees Payment for Online Application: To submit your application, you will have to pay a fee. The fee will be different for different candidates. General candidates will have to pay a fee of Rs.2,600 and Female, SC, ST, PwD candidates will have to pay Rs.1,300 through online or offline payment mode.
- Take a Print Out of Receipt: Make sure to take a print out of application for reference.
JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus & Exam Pattern
IIT Roorkee will be releasing syllabus for JEE Advanced 2019 examination for the candidates who are interested in appearing for the examination. Subjects for JEE Advanced 2019 will consist of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Studying this syllabus will make you confident about the coming topics and your preparation.
JEE Advanced 2019 Syllabus
Electricity and Magnetism
Click here to see detailed syllabus of all subjects and topics.
JEE Advanced 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern of JEE Advanced 2019 will help you in understanding the structure of examination. It will help you in understanding that what sort of questions will be asked, what medium it will be asked in, and what will be the mode of examination. Examination will be conducted through online medium and there will be 2 papers.
Important Highlights of JEE Advanced Exam Pattern
- JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted through online computer based medium.
- There will be two papers of 3 hours each. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in both the examinations.
- Questions will be MSQs and Numericals.
- Examination will be available in both Hindi and English language.
- Click here to Download Paper 1 English Exam Pattern.
- Click here to Download Paper 1 Hindi Exam Pattern.
- Click here to Download Paper 2 English Exam Pattern.
JEE Advanced 2019 Preparation Tips
Here are few tips from us for JEE Advanced aspirants. Take a look at them carefully.
- Study the syllabus properly.
- Go through the exam patter.
- Prepare a study plan for preparation of this examination.
- Listen to experts and toppers and read books suggested by them.
- Prepare short notes of every topic to read them in short time before the examination.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample papers.
- Try mock tests given on various websites online for free.
- Revise your learnings on daily basis.
- Keep taking small breaks and hangouts to avoid feeling of burden.
- Keep yourself healthy and fit.
JEE Advanced 2019 Admit Card (How to Download?)
Admit Card will be released in second week of May, 2019. You can download JEE Advanced Admit Card by providing your details on portal. We’ve mentioned entire process and steps you need to follow in order to get your admit card for examination. Have a look at it:
- Click on the official admit card download link given on www.jeeadv.ac.in.
- Entre JEE Advanced roll number, DOB, Mobile number, and email and proceed.
- You will get admit card on screen.
- Check all the details and get a print of your admit card.